Monday, February 7, 2011

What does the KP bracelet mean to you?

Over the next few weeks I will be posting some stories about the Walking for KPeasey and what they mean to different people in my life. I would like to personally thank all of our sponsors for their continued support. Evan and Brent will be back on the blog later this week. So enjoy!

"I have worn the blue bracelet for the last two years. The bracelet means a lot to me because it is a way that I can show homage to one of the strongest individuals I have ever met. Kyle Pease has every reason to be angry. This life has thrown him hardships that you and I will never know. Instead of wallowing in self pity he is trying to makea difference in his community and in people's lives. His very presence inspires everyone he meets. Kyle is a fierce friend, whether you need someone to talk with or just have a beer and watch the game. If he has to ride the bus to take his chair, Kyle will go through sleet and snow to be there for a friend. The bracelet reminds and inspires me to be a better friend and husband. It reminds us that no matter how big our problems are there are people in this world that are worse off than we, and it is our job to help. Help can be many things. Sometimes time and friendship is all the help that is needed. The bracelet reminds me to thank God every day for the many blessings he has bestowed on me and my family. It also reminds me to pray for and help those less fortunate, whatever help they may need. I invite everyone to join us all as we walk for my man, K-Peasey."
-- Carlton Kitchens

No comments: